2018 Merrittville Speedway V6 Division Rules
Here’s your opportunity to join in the fun, thrills and excitement
of Saturday Night Racing
2. The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
3. The Race Director or Tech Inspector shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final. No equipment will be considered as having been approved by reason of having passed through inspection unobserved. The Race Director reserves the right to add, delete, modify or update the rules at any time in the interest of providing parity for all competitors. These changes may be made via an announcement at the driver meeting, notation on the official entry coupon or a technical bulletin, and automatically amend all specifications herein. It is the responsibility of the competitor to obtain and become familiar with the current rules pertaining to the division in which he/she chooses to participate.
4. 6 Cylinder front wheel drive cars ONLY – North American original builders – GM, Ford or Chrysler. These vehicles are to remain stock for make, model and year. The engine, rear end (or transaxle) and transmission must remain stock, with the exception of the modifications that follow. NO 4 WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLES!
5. Feature Winner will receive Trophy only
6. Points will be kept and awards will be presented at the current year Awards Banquet
7. **Claimer rule will be in effect to keep costs in line and cars truly stock**.
8. These cars will be eligible to race in Enduro Events throughout the year if desired
9. Previous weeks Feature Winner starts tail in heat and Feature the following week
10. This is a low to no contact class. Any driver making intentional or heavy contact with another car will be black flagged. If the same driver receives a second Black Flag they will receive a 1 week suspension. Further black flags will receive additional suspensions
1. One way Radios are mandatory – RACECEIVER Brand used by all other Saturday and Tuesday Night Competitors
2. Any 6 Cylinder FWD Car – no turbo or super charged cars allowed
3. Minimum 4 point roll cage with one driver door bar and one passenger door bar required. Steel tubing must be 1 1/2” diameter and .125 wall thickness or 1 ¾” diameter and .095 wall thickness. Bars must be padded where contact may occur. See Diagram at end section of rules
4. Aluminum racing seat required – 4 bolts in base, 2 in back
5. 5 point racing harness required no older than 3 years of age recommended – Grade 8 1/2 bolts
6. Window Net is required
7. Fire Extinguisher optional
8. Body must be presentable at all times. Lettering must be in good taste and neat. We encourage theme cars – ie – Cartoon Characters etc. A Best Appearing Car Award at the current year Awards Banquet
9. Doors must be welded securely - at least four (4) 1” welds per door.
10. All inner steel panels must be retained except for roll cage clearance
11. Factory wheel arches must be maintained
12. Windshield must be removed and have steel screening with maximum 1” squares, no chicken wire will be permitted. Minimum one vertical bar required in middle
13. Original grill openings must be retained and filled with mesh or screen
14. Front firewall must retain original with all holes filled with no less than 20 gauge steel
15. Rear firewall and top shelf must be completely closed in with no less than 20 gauge steel
16. Floors must remain stock, complete and in original position from firewall to rear trunk. Any holes only to be patched with 20 gauge steel
17. Fenders and splash guards to remain stock
18. All metal work must be welded or riveted. No sheet metal screws anywhere.
19. All glass, plastic, interior and exterior flammable materials must be removed. Original Dash may remain
20. No outside reinforcement allowed. Rub rails 1”x 2” with tapered edges will be permitted to protect lettering and paint.
21. Gas tank must either be in the trunk strapped with at least 2” strapping with a firewall between driver compartment and trunk OR if the fuel tank is under the rear seat in front of the rear axle it may remain provided the straps are in good shape and the tank DOES NOT LEAK
22. Pump Gas only 10% Ethanol blend max. No alcohol with exception of 10% Ethanol Blend, nitrous oxide, nitro-methane, propylene oxide or additives allowed. NO Racing Fuel. Fuel pumps must be controlled by vehicle computer
23. Bumpers must be chained to a solid body member
24. Quick release hood and trunk with pins or seat belts (no nuts, bolts, keys or latches)
25. Serial or ID number on the top of the dash on the car must not be removed or tampered with, factory diagnostic connectors must be working and present.
26. No Aluminum wheels on the right hand side of the car, Steel stock wheels only
27. E-Brake Handles/Pedals must be completely removed
28. SUSPENSION: Must remain absolutely STOCK for that make and model.
29. Alignment must remain stock for year make and model of car. No rear steer allowed
30. TIRES & WHEELS: Maximum wheel width 8” steel with a 70 Series Tire. Maximum tread width 8”. Must be street legal passenger car tires only with DOT numbers allowed and readable. No truck tires. No racing tires, No Hoosier tires. No Snow Tires
NO Grooving or siping of tires allowed
No magnesium or aluminum racing (aftermarket wheels). Stock wheels ONLY.
31. All air bags must be removed, not just disconnected.
All entrants must wear a proper fitting Snell approved full faced helmet. Fire retardant NOMEX or equivalent racing suit required. Gloves are required. Neck collar recommended.
1. Any car racing is eligible to be claimed in up to 15 minutes after the division’s main event of a particular race night
2. Car may be claimed by current competing drivers in the same class or by Merrittville track officials. Cars being claimed must be raced for the next three consecutive weeks. A period of two weeks before reclaiming a car is required.
3. Any person can make a maximum of two claims throughout the season.
4. Complete car may be claimed for $1400.00 with the following exceptions not included in the price and remain with the original owner plus the $1400.00 claim money. Aluminum Seat, Fire Extinguisher (if installed), Racing Seat Belts, Battery, Window Net and fuel cell (if installed)
5. Driver being claimed is responsible to remove his/her own equipment prior to the car changing hands. A Merrittville Speedway Official must be present. The $1400.00 claimer rule may be adjusted as more cars are built and the true value is re evaluated.
6. Person making the claim MUST be the driver of the car he/she claimed for at least three weeks after making the claim. If the car returns with a different driver other than the person that made the original claim – an additional $400.00 fine will be charged to the new driver prior to him/her being allowed to race.
In the interest of competition, weight penalties of 25 lbs may be added to the car after the drivers first two feature wins. Speedway Officials will determine where the added weight will be placed. Any added weight must be painted white with the car’s number visible. Car weights will be determined during the first three weeks of racing.
All rules are subject to change at any time........