2017 NOVICE SPORTSMAN RULES
1. Cars will operate under 2017 DIRTcar Sportsman Rules. Novice Sportsman Division Drivers will still be allowed to use the old style rev box with the proper chip.
2. 95 Octane maximum Standard Pump Gasoline or VP D-98 will be the only fuel allowed
3. Events will include a heat race and feature event. Laps will depend on car count. The 2017 scheduled dates for the Novice Sportsman Division will be confirmed in t...he near future.
4. A purse will be paid as follows – 1st $75, 2nd $50, All other Feature Starters $30
5. Drivers in the Central Fabricating 4 Cylinder, Wood Motor Company Modified Lite and Hoosier Stock Divisions will be allowed and are encouraged to compete in the Novice Sportsman Division on the same night as their regular Division. If a driver competes in the Novice Sportsman class and their regular division, the driver will be subject to an additional $30 entry fee.
6. The Novice Sportsman class is not mandatory for new Sportsman competitors. Rookies who feel that they are ready for the regular Sportsman class are more than welcome to start in the DIRTcar Sportsman class. Novices that move up to the regular class in the middle of the season will start tail for the remainder of the season, (based on discretion of track).
7. Drivers who have competed in the DIRTcar Sportsman class in the past and have no feature wins, may compete in the Novice Sportsman Class.
8. In the event that track management deems a competitor over competitive, the track reserves the right to request that he or she moves up to the DIRTcar Sportsman class.
9. The 2017 Novice Sportsman Division Champion will be required to move up to regular DIRTcar Sportsman for the 2018 season.
10. Points will be kept all season and there will be trophies for the top 3 drivers at the end of the season banquet.
11. Management reserves the right to adjust the rules of the class with proper notice given to the competitors